Sunday, October 16, 2022



SWIFT AS THE MIDNIGHT
by Mark Jhon Cardoza Oxillo

Once, there was you, a total vigilante shit,
Took everything in your hands but won't admit it.
Captured me with sweet nothing, ready to commit, 
But then left me hanging like "You're on Your Own, Kid".

I don't know why, it's vague. Can I ask a question...? 
What went wrong, why the sudden change of decision?
Like the snow on the beach, it was a perfection,
But was sorrow when it went out of direction.

I'm an anti-hero, trying my very best,
'cause you're the mastermind, putting me on a test,
But thankfully, I got out from your shitty mess.
So, careful 'cause I'll just let karma do the rest.

The end of this maroon-themed "film" of ours comes near.
As swift as the midnight, it'll always disappear,
But it gave me lessons to learn and to ponder,
With that, I am grateful, always and forever. 

Now in the lavender haze with the midnight rain, 
Easing the labyrinth I had so much in pain.
For years, bejeweled with dramas I can't restrain.
Now, the raindrop's keeping me calm, peaceful and sane.


ooOoo






No comments:

Post a Comment