Tuesday, August 25, 2020

That Was Swift


That Was Swift
by: Mark Jhon Cardoza Oxillo

"I thought you were the 1, but you left me hanging.
Life became dark, messy, rowdy and free-falling,
when you cut off our so-called invisible string.
I can still remember, that was August seven."

I was much in loved to a lady named "Betty",
She's from the last great american dynasty.
We're like Jack and Rose, she's rich, I'm in poverty,
And this is about our fairytale-like love story.

I was 22 when we first met out of plan.
She was wearing a red dress with a cardigan.
I was in total awe for at least a second.
Everything was perfect like the beam of the sun.

An innocent face, everyone would hesitate,
She's like a mirrorball, careful, she's delicate,
But she came for peace, and yes, we all do like it,
She then walked near me, pushed by destiny or fate.

Along Cornelia Street, she bought some of my fruits,
While buying, she caught my heart like a thief that loots.
She smiled at me, 'twas perfect like quotable quotes.
I trembled, wanted to shout like an owl that hoots.

And that became the best day of my existence,
'Coz I fell in love with her as deep as a trench.
And she regularly bought fruits, gripped it in clench,
I was the happiest, smile was always in presence.

Everything was all too well, bright as the daylight, 
But everything has changed and all turned into fright,
When our illicit affairs were known and in sight, 
But what they've heard wasn't a hoax, it's true, they're right.

Her mother knew it and became a mad woman.
She wanted us to part ways as far as we can.
Her father was ireful, thought me as just no one, 
Then my tears ricochet, it's getting out of hand.

Betty was put on exile, far from me to catch.
I was in epiphany why she didn't made a latch,
Because the both of us weren't really a match.
It felt like death by a thousand cuts, I can't patch.

Now, this is me trying to move on from the pain,
Not ready for it but reality comes in.
We are just like the lakes, we don't meet in the end.
The story of us was a cruel summer I'd been.

The folklore of me and you should never be kept, 
Lover of a lady with reputation to lift.
Speak now in fearless or you will be in grief.
If this was a movie, it's haunted, that was swift. 


oOo


1 comment: