Sunday, February 27, 2022

Moonlit Melancholy



Moonlit Melancholy
by Mark Jhon Cardoza Oxillo

They say love is potentially lethal.
It's true, I'm in grave, you're so skeptical.
Date invites, for you, those were comical,
Sadly, what I got was mere refusal.

And even handpicked flowers served no best,
It just made your eyes roll from east to west.
It's really so hard to be on this quest,
Like finding the right answer on a test. 

I don't need any magic or potion,
That'll serve no purpose for my intention, 
'coz I knew I was never an option, 
And that had always been your conviction.

Chances never grew as high as a vine. 
Got no luck 'cause you always draw a line,
And that hurt me, though you were never mine.
I'm in pain, but no worries, I'll be fine.

Along the beach with the moon above me,
With nothing but wine, felt serenity.
Sounds of waves, added dramatically, 
Yeah, that was my moonlit melancholy.

oOo




No comments:

Post a Comment