Sunday, January 24, 2021

Fallen

 


𝗙𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗻
by Mark Jhon Cardoza Oxillo 

I was a little branch of an old oak tree,
And you were a bird on a flying spree, 
In search of a shade, chirping in sultry,
So I let you rest on me, all for free. 

My leaves sheltered you from the extreme heat,
And to show thanks, you chanted me a tweet.
I was astounded with your lovely skit, 
Wanted to hear more from you on repeat. 

I was your favorite branch as time went by.
You helped me bloom as pleasing as the sky, 
Offered you my acorns to eat and try, 
You stayed like you had nowhere else to fly. 

We've been like that like we're inseparable,
For years, I've known you being lovable.
You hurting me was quite unthinkable,
But I was wrong, things went off the table. 

Autumn came, my leaves slowly went falling.
You knew it, so you left without telling. 
I was hurt knowing that you're migrating. 
These leaves of mine plunged like I was crying. 

Then my twigs started falling on the ground,
Fallen twigs and fallen leaves were abound.
Nobody was there to catch them around.
Soil will cover them and they can't be found.

oOo

1 comment:

  1. Woooh! This is an amazing piece! Grabe! Pwedeng gawing short animated film 'to!

    ReplyDelete